Monday, November 29, 2010

Mah Family

This is my side of the family- one brother, one sister, one sister in law, 8 grandchildren, my mom and us. (Sorry about cropping half of you out dan- I have no picasa skillz, I was doing well to just get it straightened.  What?  Propping a camera up on a recliner and figuring out the self timer is not a cake walk!)

 Thanksgiving was a blessing.  I so enjoy being with both of our families all on one day- and the kids were in absolute cousin overload.  I LOVED gathering with family on the holidays as a kid- mostly for the cousin factor- and I am so glad to see that mine thrive on it too. 
Here they are again- only just my nieces and nephews (with my kids too of course).  Man I love these people.

And here is the picture of Dan's family........................
..................................................................
.....................................................................
.....................................................................

Oh yeah- we didn't have time to take one because we managed to jet out the door to Old Navy before they closed at 8pm and then needed to be back to toys r us at 10 pm.  Not to mention get home for a couple hours sleep because we were back in my sister in laws driveway at 3:30am so that we could get in line for Target when they opened at 4am.  Might I just say that I treasure that time every year with Dan's family- our black friday shopping day.  I didn't even really have a whole lot I wanted to buy- but it was fun.  And this year Allyson joined our BFC (the black friday committee as so named by my niece).  So in my ride was Dan's mom and sister, Dana and Morgan (two of my nieces) and Allyson.  We rocked those sales and had a super fabulous time doing it!  I'm not sure we could have stuffed another bag in if we had tried- they were under our legs, beside the chairs and to the ceiling in the back.

You have your traditions- these are mine.  And I love them and the people that make them up.

No comments: