Thursday, March 5, 2009

Be careful what you say...................

As a mother of small children, and a wife, I know that we must be careful what you say.
For instance, you don't say "behave yourself right now or we are leaving this grocery" because they won't behave and the only one being punished is me- as I would have to leave my groceries and still have to go back.
I also know that you don't casually shop for much with your husband, as he might misunderstand and buy you some big really expensive thing a maroo that really you were just looking at.
I know that you can't tell children made up stories about things to get them to stop asking, because they will always always always come back to haunt you.
And I know know that when the farmer behind your house asks if you mind if he trims a few branches off the tree between our properties, you say NO.
Holy moley. That stump was a giant gorgeous tree. A few branches, he must have meant ALL of them! He meant business.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Oops. There was a guy here tonight wanting to take a stump out of our yard. I should have sent him your way.